Are you concerned mold may be growing in your home? Often, mold is difficult to detect simply by sight or smell. Left unchecked, residential mold growth can cause an array of illnesses for you and your family. The specialists at ENVIRO-AIR Cleaning can help you take the first step to peace of mind about possible mold growth in your home. Using air tests as well as strips test, our specialists can help you determine the extent of the mold growth in your home.
When Should You Test Your Home for Mold?
- Water Damage
If your home recently experienced water damage from a flood or structural damage, such as a leaky roof, there is a good chance mold can be present. In 48 hours or less, mold can start to grow in areas where water is not completely dried. Therefore, if the water damage was not contained, dried and/or cleaned properly, there is a strong possibility mold is present.
- Mold is Clearly Visible
The mold is at the stage where you can physically see it in your home.
- Purchasing a New Home
Regardless of a home’s age, water damage can occur at any stage and most buyers are fooled by fresh paint that can cover up an amateur’s attempt to remediate a mold issue. It is good practice to request a mold inspection to ensure peace of mind about your new home.
- Chronic Illness
While mold is not always the reason for chronic respiratory illnesses such as asthma, it is good to rule mold out. People who are very sensitive to mold may experience symptoms similar to seasonal allergies, such as a runny nose and itchy eyes. In general, if these symptoms occur year-round for someone living in your home, it is good to have it inspected and tested for mold.
How is Mold Tested?
- Air tests
- Tape Lift
ENVIRO-AIR Cleaning Specialists Will Conduct a Mold Test If:
- You see mold forming in your home or business.
- You believe you can smell mold or a musty odor in your home or business.
- You want your indoor air quality tested for mold spores.
- To ensure all mold has been properly removed after mold remediation
How is Residential Mold Remediated?
- Tear out all mold present and dispose infected materials.
- Use a HEPA vacuum (a type of filter that can trap large amounts of small particles that other vacuum cleaners would simply recirculate back into the air of your home) on the entire contaminated area.
- Fog infected area over using Benefect (an environmentally safe, anti-microbial agent that kills 99.9% of bacteria in 30 seconds).
- HEPA vacuum again.
- Leave a HEPA filter in the space to continually filter the air in the area for 48-72 hours.
- Leave the space clean and ready to rebuild.
Why Choose ENVIRO-AIR Cleaning Specialists for Residential Mold Testing and Remediation?
- Enviro-Air Cleaning Specialists has highly trained mold specialists to conduct mold testing and remediation for residential clients. Hiring Enviro-Air Cleaning Specialists for mold testing will provide you with the most accurate analysis of mold present in your home.
- Enviro-Air Cleaning Specialists conducts extensive mold testing to determine the depth of the problem. Surface testing is performed, air samples are taken and bulk samples are collected from visible mold growth by removing pieces of the structure that is damaged.
- Enviro-Air Cleaning Specialists are registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), so our clients can rest assured that the process will be completed in a safe and effective way all while using state-of-the-art technology.