Mold in schools, government buildings and commercial locations is becoming an increasing concern for parents and educators. With our spring thaw happening, all the extra water seems to be finding its way into the cracks and crevices of older foundations. As long as moisture and oxygen are present, mold can grow. Organic substances, as such as wood, carpet, paper, foods and insulation are particularly vulnerable to mold growth. If the problem isn’t addressed, mold can grow and become an issue in very little time.
When mold growth is happening in a building, a series of unfortunate health problems may be reported such as asthma flare ups, allergy attacks, congestion, headaches and nausea.
Clean-up of mold is a complicated process and should be handled by professionals. Envior-Air’s highly trained technicians will be sure to contain the mold problem and take care of it as quickly as possible by removing the mold to the core. Here is our process:
- Setup a HEPA filter and negative air pressure containment around the contaminated are to avoid any cross-contamination.
- Tear out all mold present and dispose infected materials.
- Use a HEPA vacuum (a type of filter that can trap large amounts of small particles that other vacuum cleaners would simply recirculate back into the air of your home) on the entire contaminated area.
- Fog infected area over using Benefect (an environmentally safe, anti-microbial agent that kills 99.9% of bacteria in 30 seconds).
- HEPA vacuum again.
- Leave a HEPA filter in the space to continually filter the air in the area for 48-72 hours.
- Leave the space clean and ready to rebuild.
All of this can be done outside of your peak business hours or when it is convenient for your household. We are specialists in both commercial and residential mold remediation. If you think there may be a chance of mold growing in an unseen area, call us for an air test ASAP!