It’s every homeowner’s worst nightmare – Growing mold spores!
There are plenty of online videos and articles that demonstrate how to rid your home mold spores, however, mold removal is a complicated and very dangerous process. Enviro Air Cleaning will go through the thorough run-down of what needs to happen by professionals in order to successfully get rid of mold in your home.
- Setup a HEPA filter and negative air pressure containment to avoid any cross-contamination.
- Tear out all mold present and dispose any infected materials.
- Use a HEPA vacuum (a type of filter that can trap large amounts of small particles that other vacuum cleaners would simply recirculate back into the air of your home) on the entire contaminated area.
- Fog infected area over using Benefect (an environmentally safe, anti-microbial agent that kills 99.9% of bacteria in 30 seconds).
- HEPA vacuum
- Leave a HEPA filter in the space to continually filter the air in the area for 48-72 hours.
- Leave the space clean and ready to rebuild.
The danger of removing growing black mold is high risk and not worth the long-term consequences on your health. If you can visibly see mold growing in your home, be sure to not wait any longer to call a professional. If you can smell a musty odor but do not have any visible signs, get an indoor air quality testing. If you believe there are any other indications of mold growing, call a trusted professional to get proper inspection.