Many schools are preparing to reopen this Fall. Is yours ready? As your district prepares, remember to add “HVAC Cleaning” to the to-do list.
A clean HVAC system is always important, but it is even more important to your student’s overall health during pandemics like COVID-19. While the virus itself can’t live very long in your ventilation system, other air pollutants such as pollen, mold, dirt, and dust mites can.
When schools are clear of allergens and dangerous mold, fewer students will be home sick, which increases attendance rates. Reducing sick days is especially important after having spent the last few months of the 2019-20 school year online. Students who may have had a hard time with the online format need to be in class as much as possible to keep up with their classmates.
The benefits of clean ductwork at school includes:
- Better indoor air quality
- Reduction in sick days for students and staff
- Fewer upper respiratory issues due to extra allergens in the air
- A cleaner school due to less dust circulating in the ductwork
- Happier students and staff
- Extension of your HVAC systems lifespan
- Possible savings in energy costs
Getting vents cleaned may seem like an unnecessary cost at this moment, but in the long run it may reduce your costs and create a better learning environment for students.
Worried about what is camping out in your school’s HVAC system? The technicians at Enviro-Air are experts at cleaning commercial-sized HVAC systems and can help you prepare for the new school year.