Cold and flu season is officially here, and when you spend 8 hours of your day in an office surrounded by coworkers it can be hard to avoid germs. Thankfully, there are a few ways your office can stay safe and flu-free this winter, including:
- Wiping down everyone’s desks, phones, and computer keyboard to avoid getting germs back on your hands after you just washed them.
- Setting up hand sanitizing stations across the office, focusing on high traffic areas like by the bathroom and break room.
- Buy plants, which increase humidity to levels that make airborne viruses less effective.
- Make sure your employees have the ability to work from home and encourage them to do so if they feel sick.
- Getting your air duct system professionally cleaned.
Importance of Air Duct Cleaning
While it may not seem vital to keeping healthy, getting your air ducts cleaned is one of the most important ways you can fight the flu season. Illnesses like the flu are airborne, meaning you only need to breathe in the same air as someone who was sick to be exposed to the flu. The flu virus can live up to 48 hours, so unless you have a personal HVAC system you will end up being exposed to the flu one way or another!
Thankfully, clean air ducts help reduce this risk. Getting air ducts cleaned remove any allergens and debris in your ducts, making it easier to tell if your sniffles are coming from allergies or a cold or flu. After getting your air ducts cleaned you can also get them sanitized, which kills any germs and mold spores that have been lurking in your ducts. Clean air ducts also improve your indoor air quality, which helps everyone’s immune system.
Look out for your employees’ health this flu season and get your air ducts cleaned. Our Enviro-Air technicians are ready for your commercial projects!