The new year is here! Why not celebrate by scheduling an industrial air duct cleaning for your warehouse? While commercial airducts are often overlooked in the cleaning process, it is an important step to protect your employees’ health and keep your warehouse looking – and operating – the best it can.
Importance of Cleaning Air Ducts
A clean air duct system can extend the lifespan of your HVAC system and increase energy efficiency, both of which will improve your bottom line. Other benefits associated with clean ductwork include:
- Getting rid of debris. No matter what industry you serve, your warehouse will see debris. Cleaning solutions, pollen from outside, and remnants of products handled by your warehouse will all emit fine particles that get trapped in your air ducts. When you turn your HVAC system on, the air blows these particles and debris into your workspace, decreasing the indoor air quality.
- Keeping your warehouse clean. Debris in the air does more than just affect your employees; it also contributes to the layer of dust you see on the surfaces in your warehouse. Debris can be made up of allergens, mold spores, and dust mites and their droppings. All of these can aggravate asthma and allergies as well as causing illnesses in the case of mold.
- Preventing mold. Air ducts are notorious for housing mold spores. The buildup of organic material in your air ducts provide a food source, and if your ducts have a high moisture content the mold colonies will grow. When getting your air ducts cleaned, you can opt to have a sanitizing solution applied to your air ducts which kill any pathogens and mold spores lurking in your ductwork.
Our Commercial Cleaning Process
Commercial cleaning may seem like a big job, but the professional technicians at Enviro-Air have the industrial air duct cleaning process down to a science. Our typical workflow plan is as follows:
- Inspection and work plan. The first thing we do is inspect your warehouse’s ductwork and come up with a work plan based on your needs. We collaborate with you to ensure that all your requests are being met so you are getting the most out of your cleaning. When coming up with a work plan, our technicians recommend the minimum cleaning needed to improve indoor air quality and energy efficiency to ensure minimum interference to your operation as possible. We also work during your off hours so you can continue to meet deadlines and fulfill orders.
- Cleaning ducts. The next step is the duct cleaning itself. Technicians clean your ducts, diffusers, and air handles and coils to ensure every part of your air distribution system is debris-free. We use either vacuuming, air washing, or power brushing to clean your ductwork depending on what method works best for your system.
- Regular progress reports. Depending on the scope of the work and size of your air duct system, the time needed to clean your ductwork could take anywhere from a few hours to a few months. No matter how long your project takes, we will send you daily project updates to keep you aware of the timeline and any issues that we may come across.
Don’t wait to schedule your warehouse air duct cleaning. Call Enviro-Air today for your inspection.