Like it or not, winter is on its way. If you’ve been doing some fall cleaning to prepare, don’t forget about your air ducts! Many people think that allergies die down in the fall, but unfortunately, this isn’t the case, especially if allergens and other particles are circulating through your HVAC system. Winter can bring allergy relief for many, but again, if particles and other contaminants from fall are left in the ducts, you’ll still experience allergy symptoms. The following are another few reasons as to why you should schedule an air duct cleaning before winter.
- Clean air ducts can lower your energy bill. When your ducts are filled with dust or other contaminants, the system has to work harder to circulate the heat around your home, which results in a higher energy bill.
- A clean system will help you breathe easier. Even those who don’t normally suffer from environmental allergies can be affected by the allergens lurking in your vents. Dust, pollen, and even mold can be in your vents, which means that when the air gets circulated, those particles are being distributed as well. Symptoms can be similar to a cold, such as headaches, sore throats, coughing, and sneezing.
- It can extend the life of your HVAC system. If you allow debris to build up, you’ll likely have to repair or replace parts of the system. Regular maintenance is needed for your system, and your air ducts should be cleaned every three to five years.
- Winter holidays bring people together. If members of your family or friends have asthma or allergies, circulating debris and particles will only make their situation worse. Guests are bound to have more fun when they can breathe easily!
- Your family can stay healthy throughout the winter. It’s common to catch the cold or flu during winter, and lurking allergens can actually worsen their symptoms. Sometimes, even viruses can live in the vents!
The Enviro-Air Cleaning Specialists are NADCA-certified and have 20 years of combined experience. Give us a call today to start breathing easier!